Check Your Progress

 I wake up at 7.00.

2. I sometimes work on Saturdays.

3. I never work at the weekends.

4. I see my family at Christmas.

5. I go on holiday in August.

6. I go to bed at 11 p.m.

7. I watch TV in the evening.

8. I do my English homework at night.

9. I read the newspaper in the morning.

10. I have lunch at 1.30 p.m.

11. I always go out on Friday nights.

12. I go to a restaurant at New Year’s Eve.

13. I start a new school year in September.

14. I go skiing in the winter.

15. I was born in 1977.

16. I get up late on Saturday mornings.

17. I usually have a cup of coffee in the afternoons.

18. My birthday is in July.

19. The party is in the first of October.

20. We have a meeting on the first Thursday of the month.

Fill in the correct form of the verb given.

Who is writing to? – He is writing to his sister Maria, who
is usually in England at this time of the year. (HE WRITE, WRITE, BE)

Marty was smoking just when his mother came into his room.
(SMOKE, COME)

She left an hour ago and hasn’t come back yet. (LEAVE, NOT COME)

I usually drink tea with milk, but I like to have my coffee black.
(DRINK, LIKE)

When I was in school, I knew a student who had not failed a test in his whole
life. (KNOW, NOT FAIL)

You can’t go into her room. She is sleeping and you shouldn’t wake her. (SLEEP)

have never felt better in my life. I hope it stays that way. (NEVER FEEL,
STAY)

We didn’t go outside yesterday because it was raining the whole day. Maybe we
will go tomorrow. (NOT GO, RAIN, GO)

While Mom was working in the garden, she hurt her back. She
went to the doctor who told her that she would have to rest for a few
days. (WORK, HURT, GO, WILL)

My sister has been working hard for school recently. She’s got a few tests coming up
next week. (WORK)

The results were better than I had expected. (EXPECT)

Nobody was in the car, even though the engine was running. (RUN)

I went into the garden to see what the boys were doing. (DO)

All your fingers are brown. You are smoking too much. (SMOKE)

When I saw him last, he hadn’t been married for so long. (NOT BE)

have just heard that his brother has been travelling around in Australia. (JUST
HEAR, TRAVEL)

Did you sleep the whole morning? – I was trying to call you for over an hour.
(YOU SLEEP, TRY)

After he read the letter, he ___ it away. (READ, THROW)

_______ today’s newspaper. – ________ it anywhere? (NOT READ,
YOU SEE)
20.Jake ________ my sister for over a year. She ______ some very good
results lately. (COACH, HAVE)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Մեխանիկական ալիքներ

Հայոց Լեզու